Wednesday, November 26, 2008

So what now?

A last hope for medical bill help fell through.  Hillsborough county medically needy (share of cost) program.  First denied for it, said my assets were too high....(laugh), second time they approved it....(HAPPY!!!), submitted the 31,000 dollar bill, they came back and said they made a mistake and I should not have been approved, bill payment denied.  I receive a letter in the mail saying again that I was ineligible for the program, and that "my share of costs benefits were valid until November 30th".  So what now?  Do I have the benefit until that time, really, really, I mean really?  Well guess what, submitted the bill again, not accepted....piece of sh*t system.  Thanks for nothing Tampa, thanks for the runaround for months, thanks for giving me 10 phone numbers to call that led nowhere.  Was it the amount of the bill?  Or is it just a greatly efficient failing system?  

Funny story:

I go to the Department of Children and Families, I ask around for who to talk to to apply for the program, they tell me to look on the wall of applications for the right form.  It is not the correct form, so I go back and ask again, these idiots know nothing at all, they hadn't even heard of the program before (none of them knew, they even asked each other) they told me to call a number, so I called it outside of the office.  The woman answers and says a little bit about the program, and I told her I knew all about the program, but where to apply.......guess the next words out of her mouth "Go to the Department of Children and Families"........I laughed at that woman and told her I was standing outside that place and they were the ones who gave me her number.  Just an example of the great system/people I have on my side.  

As usual the medical bill collectors are tracking me down, running my cell battery out of charge, oh well, what can I do? 

So what now?

No comments: